Questions And Answers

  • How do I sign up for services?
  • Why didn’t a receipt print?
    • If the VeriFone fails to print a receipt at the end of a bill payment, check to make sure there is adequate paper and if there is a paper jam. If neither of those issues are present, call our Customer Experience team at 800-621-8030 ext. 7030 to verify the payment went through.

  • How long do I have to void a payment?
    • The amount of time you have to void a bill payment depends on the biller. Usually, the window to void a payment is 10 to 30 minutes. If you have questions about if a bill payment can be voided, call our Consumer Care team at 800-621-8030 ext. 7030.

  • How does the payment get to the biller?
    • You deposit cash received from consumers into your bank account. Fidelity Express drafts your bank account and sends the funds to the biller.

  • What happens to the documents I process through the scanner?
    • When the document is processed, the scanner captures an image of the document and stores it on the scanner. The images are automatically transferred to Fidelity Express on a nightly basis. Fidelity Express keeps these images so you don’t have to keep any paperwork and we can help consumers who have questions about their bill payments.

  • What should I do if I need to void a money order the day after it is printed?
    • To void a money order printed the previous day, call Accounts Receivable at 800-621-8030 ext. 7023. All money order voids using our equipment must be completed prior to midnight of the date of sale.

  • What should I do if the "Success" message appears on the VeriFone, but nothing prints?
    • Please call our Customer Experience team to reset your VeriFone and printer. If this occurs after hours, weekends or holidays, immediately print a Deposit Report. If the money order is on the report as sold, use the serial number on the report and void the money order – then open the printer and remove that money order, write “VOID” across it and mail to Fidelity Express.

  • Why is the VeriFone not printing a report?
    • The VeriFone may be out of paper, there may be a paper jam, or the VeriFone might need to reboot. A flashing green light means the VeriFone is not registering paper is loaded. The VeriFone is ready to print when the light is solid green.

  • When voiding a money order, why does the VeriFone display "Serial # Not Found" or the wrong dollar amount?
    • When these messages appear on the VeriFone screen, it means your money order numbers are out of sequence. Call our Customer Experience team at 800-621-8030 ext. 7021 for assistance.

  • Why does the VeriFone display "No Forms Loaded" when I have forms inside the money order printer?
    • The VeriFone is not recognizing the forms in the printer. Money order serial numbers must be reprogrammed into the terminal. Call Customer Experience at 800-621-8030 ext. 7021

  • What should I do if the "Tamper" message appears on the VeriFone screen?
    • When you see the “Tamper” message, the equipment has locked up and must be replaced.

      Call our Customer Experience team at 800-621-8030 ext. 7021.

  • Why is the VeriFone screen blank?
    • The VeriFone needs to be rebooted or at least one of the cables is not connected correctly. Check your cables and reboot the VeriFone.

  • What do I do if my money order has been stolen?
    • Email, mail or fax all three of the following to Fidelity Express:

      1. A Fidelity Express Refund Request Form
      2. A full Police Report with the money order number on the report
      3. A copy of your photo ID

      Once we have received the proper paperwork and have confirmed the money order has not cashed, we can place a stop pay on the money order and issue a refund check less a $20.00 processing fee. Please allow 2 weeks for processing.

  • How can my business verify a money order is okay to cash?
    • Please call 800-621-8030 ext. 7020 and speak to a consumer care specialist. If there are no stop or hold orders on the money order and it is good to cash, you will receive a verification number. This service is available Monday thru Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 CST. The business may also obtain login credentials to our website to log-on anytime 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and receive a unique verification number.

  • I am the payee of a Fidelity Express Money Order and the original money order was lost or stolen. Can I get a refund?
    • Yes, we will attempt a refund if the money order has not been cashed. You will need to complete and submit to Fidelity Express a Consumer Care Affidavit. A $20.00 non-refundable processing fee (subject to change without notice) will be deducted from your refund. Please find the Consumer Care Affidavit form in English here and in Spanish here.

  • I lost my money order purchasers receipt. Can I get a refund?
    • Please call 800-621-8030 ext. 7020 to speak to a customer care specialist.

  • Do money orders expire?
    • Fidelity Express money orders do not expire. However, if it is not used (presented for payment) within two years of the purchase date, there will be a non-refundable service fee deducted from the amount of payment shown on the money order. The service charge is $2.00 per month (subject to change without notice) from the date of purchase or such lesser amount as may be permitted by applicable law.

  • How can I find out who cashed my money order?
    • If a money order has been cashed, a photocopy of the front and back of the money order can be obtained by completing our Photocopy Request Form. Each request requires a separate form. For copies of money orders less than one year old, the processing fee is $10.00 for each request. For copies more than one year old, the processing fee is $20.00 for each request. Processing fees are non-refundable and subject to change without prior notice. Most requests are processed within 30 days.

  • Where can I cash a money order?
    • Money orders can be cashed at check-cashiers or retailers, subject to the policies of the cashing location. Money orders can also be deposited into bank accounts. Fidelity Express agents are under no obligation to cash a money order. Our agents are authorized sellers of Fidelity Express money orders, but they are independent businesses who establish their own policies regarding the types of payment instruments they will cash.

  • How do I request a stop payment on a money order?
    • Complete and send to us our Money Order Refund Request Form. Send the form with your purchasers receipt to Fidelity Express. Please make copies for your records. If the money order has not cashed by the time we receive your complete paperwork we will place a stop-pay on the money order and issue you a refund check usually within 10-14 days. There is a non-refundable processing fee of $20.00 (subject to change without notice). If you do not send in the fee it will be deducted from the refund. Please allow up to 30 days for processing.

  • How do I request a money order photocopy or refund?
    • On this webpage, select the desired language under “Request a Money Order Refund” and “Request a Money Order Photocopy”. The forms contain the information for submission to Fidelity Express.

  • How do I find out the status of my money order?
    • Enter the money order serial number and amount in our money order status look-up tool at the top of this webpage.

  • If I make a mistake, can I change the name on the "Pay to the Order of" line?
    • No - alterations cannot be made to a completed money order. If you hold the original money order and have your proof of purchase (receipt) - In the presence of a check cashing agent or bank cashier, you may write the phrase “Not Used For Purpose Intended” on the back of the money order and sign the back of the money order. The check casher or bank may then refund the money order. You may also send the original money order, receipt and Refund Request Form to Fidelity Express for a refund. A $5.00 non-refundable processing fee (subject to change without notice) will be deducted.

  • How do I fill out a money order?
    • Sample

      Be sure to keep your receipt with serial numbers as you might need it for tracking purposes. If the money order is not cashed within two years of the issue date, a non-refundable service charge will be assessed (where permitted by law). Please see the service charge notice on the back of the Fidelity Express money order.

  • What form of payment may I use to pay my bills?
    • It depends on the agreement we have with the biller you want to pay. In most cases, if you are paying a bill to one of our contracted billers, you may pay in cash, check or money order. If you are paying a bill to one of the non-contracted billers we offer, you must pay with cash.

  • How do I inquire about a bill payment I made?
    • Please call 800-621-8030 to speak to a consumer care specialist or complete the Contact Us form.

  • What do I need to pay my bill in person?
    • All you need to bring with you to the Fidelity Express agent location is the bill stub(s) for the payment(s) you want to make. The information required to pay the bill is included on your bill stub, which is imaged, then returned to you with a proof of payment receipt.

  • Will I receive proof of payment?
    • Yes, if you are making a bill payment, you will receive a validated payment receipt as proof that you made your payment. If you are buying a money order, the proof of payment is attached to the money order.

  • Where can I pay my bill or buy a money order?